- This event has passed.
10th Specialty Finance Summit – New York City
September 6 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT
Global Forum is pleased to announce the upcoming 10th Specialty Finance Summit, taking place on September 6th in New York. The economy is still improving, but as competition and subsequent valuations reach new heights, lender protections are loosening, and skepticism on the longevity of the current credit cycle is starting to build. Regulatory uncertainty is also creating a volatile environment in both the core specialty finance asset classes as well as alternatives. Investors are closely watching rising interest rates, movement in the CFPB, new equipment financing regulations and the brand new risks brought on by ICOs. Industry experts will share their best hedging practices in this risky market, and discuss diversification strategies to new asset classes and growth markets. As the established industry leader, we’ll be bringing together 200+ senior-level representatives from investors, lenders, specialty finance companies, BDCs and hedge funds to discuss the evolving market in a connection-driven environment for our tenth successful program.
Key Topics Covered
● Expert keynote interview on taking a macroeconomic view to find targeted returns
● Evaluating M&A deals by nontraditional players in a high valuation market, and planning an exit
● Marketplace lending in the mainstream: better quality originations and improved underwriting
● Moving outside traditional asset classes and finding value in alternatives and niches
● Finding returns in growth markets and increasing market share through improved access to financial products
● Best hedging and diversification strategies to prepare your portfolio for a downturn
● Evaluating new technologies and regulations that will impact tomorrow’s market
● Developing mutually beneficial industry partnerships to create unique financing products
● Opportunities in ICOs as securities, and the uncertainty surrounding regulatory implications
● An interactive workshop on new AML & CDD regulations for specialty finance companies