- This event has passed.
2nd annual Next Generation Entrepreneurship and Global Crowdfunding Forum
November 15, 2013
We are pleased to announce the 2nd annual Next Generation Entrepreneurship and Global Crowdfunding Forum that brings together a unique mix of world-class entrepreneurs, innovators, scientists, artists, private investors and leading crowdfunders to share their invaluable insights on how to raise capital and build creative and high-impact ventures.
When: Friday, November 15th, 2013, 9am-8pm
Where: JW Marriott Le Merigot, 1740 Ocean Avenue · Santa Monica, California 90401 USA
Entrepreneurial economy is the future of the global economy which is currently stuck in old paradigms. In the time when more than ever we need meaningful investments, strong ventures and new jobs, we have designed a Forum that serves as a compass of the modern financial tools available to entrepreneurs and innovators who search for seed/crowd or growth capital. We believe in power of sharing ideas and knowledge and are confident that the right solutions can be found by gathering the right people – those who are at the forefront of the funding industry’s change, who think and act “outside the box” and have desire and capacity to overcome the status quo.We connect, we learn, we act!
Our Forum 2013 discussions will revolve around the following key issues:
- How to navigate through the variety of funding options existing in the current market place and what really works
- How entrepreneurs who reside outside the Silicon Valley hub can reach VCs, angel investors, incubators, and accelerators
- What the best crowdfunding sources are available world-wide and how to evaluate them in the context of other existing funding opportunities
- JOBS act and how to locate legitimate equity crowdfunding sources
- How entrepreneurs from creative industries (such as films, art, music and fashion) can exploit crowdfunding and create new markets
- What the risks are for those running a crowdfunding initiative, and for those participating in one, and how they can be minimized
- What exactly lenders are looking for in a transforming market place and what sources of debt capital available are on-line
- How to spot sizable investment opportunities in a start-up market place and encourage a rise of high-impact ventures
- How to help women- and minority- entrepreneurs to gain an access to financial capital
Launched in 2012 on a fundamental belief that access to capital should be equitable and unbiased, our Forum quickly has become Los Angeles’s foremost meeting place for the extraordinary thinkers and game-changers. Our audience include most active investors, leading experts from a wide range of industries such as technology, digital media, biotech and films as well as representatives from the foreign governments, philanthropies, academia and press.
Last year our Forum attracted distinguished participants from Argentina, Canada, Russia, Romania, Poland, Germany, the U.K., Italy, China, India and Brazil and has been called a “Davos of Entrepreneurship“. You can read some of the testimonials from our 2012 Forum here and a follow up article published by the Los Angeles Business Journal here. Gallery 2012 Forum