- This event has passed.
7th International Banking and Finance Forum – London
June 26, 2015 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm EST
IBDE Forums in this series are firmly established as providing most value to our members and industry practitioners, bringing together consistently the most senior industry leaders, regulators and policy-makers.
Confirmed speakers, amongst others, include:
- Sir Win Bischoff, Chairman, Financial Reporting Council, Chairman of JP Morgan Securities plc
- David Craig, President, Financial & Risk, Thomson Reuters
- Sir Thomas Harris, Chairman, European Services Forum
- Jacqueline Minor, Head of the European Commission Representation in the UK
The Forum will aim to explore:
- The key issues and practices in banking regulation and supervision; i.e. whether any further – appropriate – regulation, supervision and enforcement is needed?
- Responsible banking; whether the financial services system is working for end users; how to balance safety and morality of financial system with economic role; what further steps need to be taken to provide the necessary credit for business and support the necessary growth?
- What reforms do we need to enhance competitiveness in financial services?
- The role of financial services in creating resilient and effective Capital Markets Union
- What role can clearing houses play in supporting economic growth?
- Financing economic growth; non-bank forms of finance have begun to filling the lending gap left by banks due to recent financial crisis. What are the opportunities for lending to SME’s, mid-market businesses, and for long-term investments? What are the risks?
- Whether CMU will provide the type of financing critical to growth companies?
- What will be the role of banks in the CMU?
- Opportunities for the fund management and insurance industries and the future of digital, retail and investment banking
- Surviving and thriving in a digital world: evaluating threats and opportunities in the retail and digital banking sector; will the winners take it all?
- Real-time payments: strategies for success
- Whether the banks are meeting the needs of the corporates?
UK and international policymakers, regulators, industry practitioners (CEOs, CFOs EDs, MDs, managers, directors and board members, decision-makers and strategists), investment funds, hedge funds, senior investment managers, risk & compliance managers, insurance companies, alternative financing firms, trade associations, legal firms, consultants, senior diplomats, economic and financial experts and the media.