European Alternative Finance Research Conference – Utrecht
This year’s conference, co-organised by Oxford University Saïd Business School and Utrecht University will be hosted by the European Centre for Alternative Finance (ECAF) in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
This year’s keynote speaker will be Nir Vulkan (Oxford University). The academic sessions allow for in-depth discussion and networking about the following topics: Equity crowdfunding and peer-to-business lending, reward and donation-based crowdfunding and as well as alternative finance and fintech more broadly.
CALL FOR PAPERS
You can also download this information (pdf).
We welcome submission of rigorous quantitative, theoretical, and/or qualitative studies in any area related to alternative finance and fintech, such as:
- Scope of new alternative finance activity and different business models
- Relationships between new and traditional entrepreneurial finance providers
- Role of regulation and other formal or informal institutions, types of regulatory framework
- Intermediaries, for example financial advisors that select and/or combine new forms of alternative finance
- Financial and entrepreneurial ecosystems for new forms of alternative finance
- Impact of new forms of alternative finance on innovation, entrepreneurship, and employment
- Specific topics: alternative finance for sustainable companies, projects and infrastructure; the rise of alternative finance in the arts and culture industry
Paper submissions and deadlines
Abstracts for papers of up to 300 words (in English) on the above mentioned topics should be send to email@example.com before 30-06-2018. The submitted abstract will be reviewed by a scientific committee consisting of members from the organising universities. Notification of acceptance will be given by 15-07-2018.
Prior to the conference (15-09-2018) full papers need to be submitted (~10.000 words). Submissions should ideally be structured as follows:
- Introduction (Problem definition, research gap and objective)
- Theoretical foundation
- Methodology / empirical research context
- Implications for entrepreneurial finance research and practice
Every paper accepted for presentation will be assigned a discussant who provides in-depth feedback.
Selected authors will be invited to submit their work for the special issue on “Advancing Crowdfunding Research – What do we know and what should we look for?” (to be published in Emerald’s Baltic Journal of Management).