- This event has passed.
New Frontiers in Capital Innovation: ICOs (Initial Coin Offerings / Tokens) – Toronto
November 16, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm EST
Blockchain + Crowdfunding = Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
What You Need to Know!
A new funding mechanism using distributed ledger technology (Blockchain) with the potential for massive disruption of public (IPOs) and private markets (venture capital) has exploded globally and is hotter than hot. Often referred to as ‘Crowdsales’, Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and tokens represent the next generation of Crowdfinance and P2P online capital and community aggregation having raised in excess of $1 billion in the first half of 2017. ICOs are fully digital offers that are designed and sold using the protocols of smart contract technology inherent on public blockchains such as Ethereum that are quickly evolving.
Join us for an afternoon of focused expert discussions followed by an opportunity to network with active participants in the sector. If you are an investor, a company actively raising capital or key stakeholder in capital markets innovation then this is a must attend event for you that will include in depth panel discussions, presentations, Q&A and networking at venue partner Gowling WLG in Toronto.
- Registration opens 3pm
- Content kicks off at 3:30pm
- Event wrap-up by 6pm
Why attend this event?
- This is essential knowledge for any one interested in emerging Alternative Finance mechanisms and markets quickly evolving on the Blockchain – Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs, Tokens, Crypto)
- Expert perspectives delivered by companies and investors that ‘live and breath’ the topics being discussed every day.
- Rapid learning format. Get exposure to the most important elements in a short period of time.
- Opportunity to ask questions and answers and network with speakers and experts.