- This event has passed.
The State of European Financial Markets – Paris
October 17, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm CEST
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) looks forward to welcoming you to the “ESMA Conference 2017 #ESMA2017”.
2017 will be a pivotal year for financial markets. The ESMA Conference 2017 will be a unique gathering of political decision makers, global regulators and high-profile financial industry leaders.
Around 350 participants will discuss the state of European financial markets – including the key issues currently affecting the financial sector such as the macroeconomic environment, regulation, investor protection, innovation and last but not least Brexit.
ESMA invites you to its conference to reflect on the state of Europe’s financial markets together with its key speakers:
- Valdis Dombrovskis, Vice President of the European Commission responsible for the Euro and Social Dialogue as well as for Financial Stability, Financial Services and the Capital Markets Union.
- Michel Barnier, the European Commission’s Chief Brexit Negotiator
- Roberto Gualtieri, MEP, Chair of the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs (ECON), European Parliament
- Ashley Alder, Chair of the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO)
- Xavier Rolet, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the London Stock Exchange (LSE)
- Steven Maijoor, Chair of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA)