- This event has passed.
The Future of Banking 2016 – Paris
March 10, 2016
Future of Banking 2016 will allow you to meet banking industry representatives, government officials, innovators and business leaders to discover what the bank of the future will look like.
Attendees will have the opportunity to debate what the future holds with experts in economics, finance and technology and build an informed view about where the industry is headed.
In the wake of the global financial crisis, the industry must develop a clear vision of tomorrow’s banks wand the summit will place emphasis on innovation and investment that will be needed.
Key topics include:
- The EU Capital Market Union: what will a harmonised market look like and how will impediments to this ambitious initiative be resolved?
- Creating a sustainable and scalable business model which meets the increasing demands of investors and regulators
- The Single Supervisory Mechanism: accountability, structure, reporting and progress
- Disruption and technology: how can traditional and new entrants keep up with the exponential pace of tech in the industry and the digitally native customer?
- New developments in fintech: entrants, established players and venture capitalists discuss what’s next
- International banking: are banks retreating into home markets and fragmenting along national lines? What geographical markets represent the best opportunities?
- Cultural transformation: what are leaders doing to change the bank’s structure and culture from top to bottom to regain trust, mitigate risk and bolster productivity?
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jonathan Hill, European Commissioner, Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, European Commission
- Philippe Bordenave, Chief Operating Officer, BNP Paribas
- Séverin Cabannes, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Société Générale
- Koos Timmermans, Vice-chairman ING Bank, ING Group
- Bob Diamond, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Atlas Merchant Capital
- Douglas Elliott, Partner, Oliver Wyman
- Patrick Foley, Chief Economist, Lloyds Banking Group
- Josep Oliu, Executive Chairman, Banco Sabadell
- Darren Westlake, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Crowdcube
- Matthias Kröner, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Fidor Bank
- Teppo Paavola, Chief Development Officer and General Manager of New Digital Business, BBVA Group
- Ben Robinson, Chief Strategy and Marketing Officer, Temenos
- Alexander Graubner-Müller, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Kreditech
- Taavet Hinrikus, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, TransferWise
- Nick Hungerford, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Nutmeg
- Radboud Vlaar, Co-Founder and Partner, Orange Growth Capital
- Melanie Laing, Group Executive Human Resources, Commonwealth Bank Group
For more information, visit www.futureofbanking.economist.com
HOW TO REGISTER