- This event has passed.
The Impact of Blockchain Technology on the Alternative Finance Industry: Opportunities and Challenges – Berlin
December 6 @ 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm CET
As part of InvestWeek, the European Crowdfunding Network (ECN) working group “Exploring Blockchain for Alternative Finance” invites to explore developments in the fields of blockchain technology and ICOs:
“The Impact of Blockchain Technology on the Alternative Finance Industry – Opportunities and Challenges”
The event will take place on Thursday, December 6, 17.00 p.m. – 21:00 p.m. at
Französische Straße 12
We will discuss the opportunities and challenges from different point of views ranging from crowdfunding platforms, investors, startups and SMEs to regulators. We will get a glimpse of where the alternative finance market will head towards and which action steps have to be taken to reach the overall goal of creating a well-functioning funding market throughout Europe to improve access to finance.
The speakers will provide their insights on the challenges and opportunities for trading platforms of the future, taking into account developments regarding distributed ledger technologies for alternative finance:
17.00 Arrival and Registration
17.30 Welcome and Introduction
- Oliver Gajda, Executive Director ECN, Christin Friedrich, Chair ECN Non-Executive Board of Directors and Chair ECN Blockchain Working Group
- Dr. Joachim Schwerin, Principal Economist, European Commission – FinTech Action Plan – An EU Perspective on developments in the Alternative Finance Sector and the impact of Blockchain technology
- Prof. Heike Hölzner, University of Applied Sciences Berlin – “Token Types and Design – A practical perspective from current scientific research”
18.30 Networking Break
19.00 Panel – Trends, opportunities and challenges while implementing blockchain technologies for alternative Finance
- Moderated by Christin Friedrich, Chair ECN Non-Executive Board of Directors and Chair ECN Blockchain Working Group
- Shahram Rezasade, CEO DACH & South Africa, Funderbeam
- Mirela Mus, Head of Product, DSTOQ
- Dr. Dirk Sturz Managing Director, Börse Stuttgart
- Nele Wollert, Managing Director, Fractal Launchpad GmbH
Open discussion – We are excited to hear your questions and thoughts!
20.00 Networking Reception
Your active participation is more than welcome in our CrowdTuesday. We will have an extended open discussion session in which you can not only ask the panellist, but also share your views and experiences. You will meet people from the crowdfunding and blockchain industry as well as the scientific community or political and regulatory environment, like Hagen Weiß, Senior Officer, Bafin. We want to go deep into the topic without throwing around unexplained buzzwords. Therefore, this event is for everyone interested in the disruption of the Crowdfunding market through blockchain.