- This event has passed.
The Scoop on Crowdfunding – London
July 28, 2015 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm EST
The scoop on crowdfunding
This year Ben & Jerry’s trained, funded and publicised 10 social entrepreneurs across Europe to crowdfund. Over some ice cream, at this event you can find out what happened and discuss what the lesson are for social enterprises, organisations who support social enterprises, crowdfunding platforms and companies like Ben & Jerry’s.
This year Ben & Jerry’s became the first company to launch a Europe-wide crowdfunding initiative, designed to support the next generation of social entrepreneurs. We backed our Join Our Core winners’ campaigns with training from our marketing staff, 20% of their target up to €10,000 per venture, amplification of their campaigns across Ben & Jerry’s digital, social media and PR channels and business mentoring from parent company Unilever.
At this event you’ll hear reactions from:
- Alex Soskin, Managing Director, Impact Hub Westminster, whose Raise Impact accellerator programme partnered with Join Our Core
- Bruce Davis, Director of UK Crowdfunding Association (UKCFA) and Managing Director of Abundance Generation
- Felicity McLean, Head of Challenge Prizes, Ashoka and Global Project Manager for Join Our Core in 2013 and 2014
- Alex Watson, Join Our Core Project Manager, Ben & Jerry’s Europe
- (TBC) Caroline Angus, Commercial Director, GravityLight – Join Our Core Winner 2015
- Ed Shepherd, Head of Social Mission, Ben & Jerry’s Europe
- (TBC) Mat Corbett/Kieron Tilley, We Walk The Line – Join Our Core Winner 2015
- Nadia Laabs, Social Mission Associate, Ben & Jerry’s Europe