- This event has passed.
Token Summit IV – New York City
Continuing its tradition of thought leadership in content curation and speakers selection, Token Summit IV is announcing its initial roster of speakers and sessions, as it returns to New York City for the 3rd year on May 16th 2019. Organized and hosted by noted blockchain author and investor, William Mougayar, and 1confirmation founder, Nick Tomaino, Token Summit IV will be held at the newly renovated 787 Seventh Auditorium in the AXA Equitable Center at 787 7th Avenue, New York City.
The Token Summit will discuss the economics, development, regulation, technologies and best practices around blockchain-based tokens, applications, protocols, and cryptoassets.
The Token Summit prides itself on delivering a carefully curated program aiming to share real insights, while covering the latest developments in blockchain-based tokens, protocols, applications, and cryptoassets.
Close to 45 speakers are expected to take the stage, some of which include:
- Former CFTC Chairman, Timothy Massad
- US Congressman Darren Soto
- Fred Wilson, USV
- Muneeb Ali, Blockstack
- Nancy Wojtas, Cooley
- Steven Becker, MakerDAO
- Olaf Carlson-Wee, Polychain
- Brian Hoffman, OB1
- Ted Livingston, Kik
- Joey Krug, Augur
- Lane Rettig, Ethereum Foundation
- Heinrich Zetlmayer, BVV
Some of the topics and big questions that will be discussed at the Token Summit IV include:
- How do we measure decentralization?
- Why do open protocols succeed?
- Where is the value in blockchain data?
- Decentralized governance: Discerning myth from reality.
- Cases of security tokens in action.
- Where is the real innovation in token usage?
- Who is ahead in the evolution of regulations and why?
- State of practice in crypto-enabled prediction markets.
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi): the next FinTech? What are the challenges?
- Growth and use cases of stablecoins.
- Evolution of dApps into the mainstream.
- Interoperability of blockchains.
- Decentralized models challenging centralized incumbents.
This year, the program will feature a fireside chat with former CFTC Chairman Timothy Massad discussing his recent Brookings report titled “It’s time to strengthen the regulation of crypto-assets”, a special address by US Congressman Darren Soto on the newly re-introduced Token Taxonomy Act, a 1:1 fireside chat with Muneeb Ali of Blockstack unravelling for the first time his work behind the recent Reg A SEC filing, a conversation about tokens between Fred Wilson and Olaf Carlson-Wee, and the regular Show-and-Tell segment featuring new or relatively unknown projects.
In addition, exclusive VIP tickets for Token Summit are available for sale on OpenSea as “cryptotickets”, which can be bought and sold as unique digital assets on the Ethereum blockchain. Ten of these cryptotickets will include mystery items in an upcoming game from Dapper Labs (the creators of CryptoKitties). Interested attendees can buy theirs here.
Token Summit is held in coordination with the New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), as part of the 2nd annual Blockchain Week NYC activities.
For additional information on Token Summit IV, please visit www.tokensummit.com.