Submit your event!
- This event has passed.
Fintech Bridge: Canada – Hong Kong – Virtual
February 24, 2022 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST
Fintech Bridge: Canada – Hong Kong
Join NCFA, InvestHK, and growing list of speakers on February 24th from 2:00 – 4:00PM EST (time zone) for this inaugural Fintech Bridge event curated to foster global market insights, export intelligence, international connections, and strengthen Canadian fintechs looking to expand globally to Hong Kong/Asia. Asian markets have grown rapidly over the past decade and Canadian fintechs need to consider expanding globally to find new customers, revenue and partnership channels to remain sustainable long term and capture value at scale. There are many global fintech hubs in the world to consider expanding to whether that be digitally or via satellite office. Not all are created equal. Join your colleagues and peers and explore access to capital, gateway to Asia, partnership channels, and Fintech growth opportunities in Hong Kong.
Benefits of Expanding Globally
- Diversify and gain insights into industry innovations, your venture, your competition
- Grow faster and make more money
- Expand your target market, global valuation and support your firms growth
- Challenge your existence (makes you stronger)
- Improve productivity, resilience, and ability to compete
- Source new talent and investment resources
- Kickoff intro and welcome
- Fintech Innovation in HK, Raising capital, Dispelling myths, InvestHK Opportunities and Incentives
- Investor Perspectives: Hot fintech sectors and emerging technologies in HK/Asia
- Business case and growth strategies for Canadian startups / scale-ups interested in expanding to HK/Asia
- Operationalizing and participating in the HK startup venture ecosystem
- Competing for market share, clients and growth
- Springing-boarding from HK into other Asian markets
Speakers (more to come…)
- Karim Hirji, CFO Intact Financial Corp Canada, MD Intact Ventures
- Michelle Morgan, CEO, AdvanceAIS
- Calvin Cheng, Founder and CEO, Wizpresso
- Karen Contet, Co-Founder & CEO, AngelHub – WHub
- Chris Cheng, InvestHK Canada, Head of Investments
- Hugh Chow, Radiant Tech Ventures
- Peter Misek, General Partner, Framework Venture Partners
- Shidan Gouran, Principal, Gulf Pearl LTD.
- Craig Asano, Founder and CEO, NCFA Canada
Who is this event for?
- Startups and scale-ups interested in expanding to Hong Kong and Asia
- Investors interested in emerging deal flow and global fintech and financing partnerships in Canada – Hong Kong/Asia
- Vendors and service providers that help Canadian firms expand to Hong Kong/Asia
- Innovators interested in connecting with Hong Kong resources and networks
What can I expect learn from attending?
- Learn the latest updates on the geopolitical situation in HK for Canadian entrepreneurs (dispelling myths)
- Learn about the Hong Kong financial services landscape, connections to Canada, China, and Asia
- Learn avenues to raise capital including InvestHK and partner investment channels, programs and incentives available for Canadian firms
- Learn what fintech sectors and emerging technologies are hot (or not) in HK/Asia in 2022
- Learn about Hong Kong’s startup and scale-up ecosystem
- Learn insights and stories from entrepreneurs who successfully expanded to Hong Kong
- Insights on operationalizing and participating in the Hong Kong financial services ecosystem
- Insights on competing for market share, clients and growing you business in Hong Kong and what to expect when springingboarding to other Asian regions
- Network and ask questions to Canada – Hong Kong experts
- Did you know there are more than 400,000 Canadians living in HK today?
- Learn about export resources that can help including any upcoming fintech trade missions to Hong Kong and what to expect
Event Time and Date
February 24, 2022 from 2:00 – 4:00PM EST (time zone)
This is a free event.