Payment processors have certainly reaped the benefits of the billions of dollars flowing through the crowdfunding space. WePay is no exception, having recently announced that they are processing as much as $1.5 million in crowdfunding contributions per day. Other quick stats…
- Secured their first API partner in October of 2011
- An average of 35% month-over-month growth in the volume of crowdfunding payment processing
- Almost 650% year-over-year growth in crowdfunded payment processing
- WePay powers six of the top fifteen crowdfunding marketplaces
- 30 crowdfunding partners including GoFundMe, Fundable, Fundly, YouCaring and others.
WePay says they’re helping “level the playing field for the new, bottom up economy.”
“We took our years of experience underwriting small merchants and are delivering that experience to our crowdfunding partners through our API,” said Bill Clerico, CEO of WePay. “I think that’s where crowdfunding is growing the fastest – in giving literally anyone the power to accept payments online.”