The Crowdfund Intermediary Regulatory Advocates (CFIRA) hosted an educational session on crowdfunding last week (March 20) where they addressed the topic of General Solicitation (Advertising) for 506(c) private placements. The panel discussion included a slide show plus several crowdfunding luminaries including:
- Sarah Hanks – CrowdCheck
- Daniel Gorfine – Milken Institute
- DJ Paul – Gate Global Impact
- Steve Ferrando – CrowdClear
- Sherwood Neiss – Crowdfund Capital Advisors
Topics covered included:
- Why is general solicitation a powerful tool for companies?
- What types of companies does general solicitation make sense for?
- What constitutes a general solicitation?
- What additional requirements come along with generally soliciting?
- Have companies been generally soliciting successfully thus far?
- If I choose not to generally solicit, how can I make sure I comply with 506(b)?
- What technology is out there that can help companies comply?
- What potential regulatory changes are still pending?
You may view the presentation in it’s entirety below.