Draper University has published a releasing announcing that 5 members of the incoming Fall class are crowdfunding their tuition and travel expenses. Located in Silicon Valley, Draper University is the brainchild of “free-spirited” venture capitalist Tim Draper, and co-founder of Draper Fisher Jurvetson Venture Fund.
Draper U. sees this Freshmen students as particularly smart, thought-provoking, ambitious -and above all entrepreneurial. Three of the students are all international:
- Olya Prodaniuk, a female entrepreneur from Ukraine, is the founder of Hailcloud, a peer-to-peer platform for people to securely store their precious memories.
- Louis Mikal from Lithuania is an engineer who is working on a platform to help people save money when grocery shopping.
- Edmilson Rodriguesn from Brazil, is crowdfunding on Brazilian platform Kickante and plans to launch his project, Dream Education, a social business that aims to help fulfill dreams of education.
- John Scianna from Miami, Florida. John is a Bitcoin enthusiast and entrepreneur.
- Sequoia Blodgett from Los Angeles, California. Sequoia is the founder of Love Uncut, an intuitive relationship app for couples.
The students are crowdfunding on Indiegogo, GoFundMe and Kickante.
This isn’t the first time Draper University students and alumni have used crowdfunding to raise money. In total Draper University students and alumni have raised over $250,000 for their tuition and projects, including The Bistro, the smart feeder that recognizes your cats face and Peanuts4Peanuts, a peanut butter to help malnourished children in Haiti.