Creating a new way to listen to music, Toronto-based company Mass Fidelity launched a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo earlier this month to raise $48,000 for its new device, the Core. It is a wireless speaker system that has a reputation of having a “better than stereo” sound.
The Core allows the user to enjoy all of their music throughout their home and beyond with amazing sound. It is s a small, portable and “elegant” speaker system that sounds like two separated full size HiFi speakers with crystal clear midrange and bone shaking bass.
Key features of The Core are:
- Stream an infinite selection of music through Bluetooth: Can play any music through smartphone, tablet, laptop or PC through online streaming sites or the user’s personal music collection. No wires or WiFi required.
- Take it Wherever: The device fits in the user’s hand and has a 12-hour battery life. It’s completely portable, from the living room to the patio.
- Fill every room in the home with music: By pressing one button, the user can connect up to nine Cores to fill their home with multi-room stereo sound.
Sharing more details about their product, the Mass Fidelity team stated, “The Core produces a huge multi-dimensional sound image that’s like listening to a pair of separated high-end speakers, except it’s coming from a single device that’s small enough to hold in your hand. Everyone who has heard The Core has shaken his or her head in amazement. ‘I can’t believe that one little box sounds like two big speakers!’”
Also referring to the speaker’s “effortless wireless” characteristic, the team added, “The Core uses the finest Bluetooth quality to stream any format of music to your smart device, laptop or PC. Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) and aptX combine to bring out the best possible sound from your digital sources.”
“And you won’t need a new application or passwords to learn. Just connect and enjoy! Use your phone or tablet as remote control for your sound system; it’s that easy. The Core supports ‘tap to pair’ NFC and features a built-in USB port to charge your smart device when it is running low on battery.”
The Core’s Tech Specs are the following:
- Size: 6”x6”x4” (WxDxH)
- Material: Chrome, acrylic, fabric
- Speakers: 5x custom design high output speaker drivers
- Multi-Room: Adaptive 5GHz dedicated network
- Power: AC adapter and rechargeable battery
- AMP Power: 120 Watts
- Freq Response: 44Hz-20kHz
Since its launch on September 4th, the campaign quickly surpassed its initial goal and has reached well over $270,000 from nearly 725 backers. Its set to close on October 4th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!