In an effort to increase transparency and trust, popular reward-based crowdfunding platform Indiegogo has launched new feature: campaign profile cards.
Sharing details about the feature, Indiegogo’s Julian Wong stated:
“At Indiegogo, we routinely gather feedback from users and use this information to help determine what features we build. Some contributors want additional background information about the people running campaigns, as well as an easier way to communicate directly with campaigners, and many campaigners want a way to display extra information to give potential contributors more confidence in their campaign.
“Starting today, we’re releasing Campaigner Profile Cards that show additional information about campaigners and make communication between campaigners and contributors simple and easy. So, what’s new? Each campaign page will show additional details about the team behind the campaign, including a bio for campaign owners, links to verified LinkedIn and Facebook accounts, the country of the bank account where funds are being sent, and more. Even better, any user can now contact a campaigner by sending a message to ask a question or follow up for extra information.”
According to Wong, contributors can now see key information about the campaigner (aka organizer) directly below the campaign’s pitch video and/or image.
The profiles will now show the following
- Organizer Avatar & Biography: A photo and brief bio about the campaigner will be displayed along with a contact link if you want to reach out directly to ask a question.
- Verifications: Explore links that show verified LinkedIn and Facebook accounts and a confirmation that the campaigner has verified his or her email address.
- Impact: See the organizer’s history on the platform, including number of campaigns created, contributions, and comments.
Another portion of the feature includes:
- Recent Activity: See the last action taken by the campaign team, whether they posted an update, added new team members, or added new images to their campaign.
- Team Members: Who is helping bring this campaign to life and see verified information about these individuals.
- Websites: Find links to external sites where you can explore additional information about the project.
- Bank Account Country: See the country where a campaign’s funds are being sent.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!