Mobile live video platform, Hang w/, has launched a funding round through equity crowdfunding platform, Crowdfunder. The company is a startup whose investors and advisors reportedly include 50 Cent, Timbaland, Jared Leto and more.
Hang w/ offers patent-pending technology, which is ready to scale across iOS, Android, Facebook, Twitter, and the web. The platform has already served millions of live videos to millions of users and offers a set of monetization features for users to generate revenue.
Hang w/’s achievements include:
- Millions of users with more than 3,000,000 live broadcasts
- Achieved 1 Million users in the first 9 months – faster than Twitter and Facebook
- Average user session as high as 17+ minutes at 2-3 sessions per day
- Patents filed over 2 years ago ahead of Twitter’s Periscope and other live streaming services
- Users were found to be 361x more likely to “Tune In” on Hang w/ than to “retweet” on Twitter
- A Hang w/ 50 Cent concert from SXSW resulted in 50,000+ simultaneous live streams
- Official Live Streaming Partner for events such as Style Fashion Week, Cupid’s Undie Run, Bottle Rocket and Mysteryland
“Crowdfunding has changed the game for savvy investors looking to get involved in tomorrow’s technology companies. It used to be that only Bay Area Venture Capitalists had access to investment opportunities like this one. Today, accredited investors from across the country have the same level of access. We believe equity crowdfunding will help us reach our funding goals – while simultaneously expanding our platform’s base of fervent supporters.”
“Crowdfunder is an excellent vehicle for companies like Hang w/ to tell a compelling story and leverage the influencers involved to drive actual investment into their company. We are excited to be teamed up with Hang w/ as they continue to grow and scale.”
Maltin then added:
“The real value to investors is the equity they will receive in Hang w/. Although I have to say we are offering some really exciting perks to investors at various levels, courtesy of a few of our celeb users and investors. Watch football with Terrell Owens, get trained by UFC fighter Jake Ellenberger, or sing on stage in Vegas with Tony Orlando! And that’s just the beginning. We’ve been thrilled by the support we are getting from the Hang w/ community and believe this will be a very successful campaign on several levels.”
Hang w/’s campaign is set to close at the beginning of December.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!