This week, global crowdfunding platform Indiegogo announced details about its 2016 fellowship program with partner Independent Filmmaker Project (IFP).
The Indiegogo Fellowship offers one artist/filmmaker a chance to receive six months of Community Workspace membership at the Made in NY Media Center by IFP. The center is an incubator space where storytellers from different disciplines, industries and platform may create, collaborate and connect.
Benefits of Made in NY Media Center membership include:
- Desk space
- Invitations to private networking and industry events
- Mentorship opportunities
- Access to all the Media Center amenities
Indiegogo will select a candidate for the program by the IFP based on the overall strength of the applicant’s project and the project’s core principles. Here is how you can be eligible for the program:
- Projects MUST be in film or related video content ONLY.
- Applicants MUST have or will launch an Indiegogo campaign (must have live campaign or draft in progress)
- Applicants MUST commit to working a minimum of 20 hours per week at the Media Center for six consecutive months, from April 1st, 2016 to September 1st, 2016.
- Applicants MUST be open to collaboration in a shared workspace.
- Applicants MAY NOT be a current Media Center member.
Deadline to apply for the Indiegogo Fellowship is March 22nd. The funding portal will announce the fellow on March 25th and the Fellowship will start on April 1st and end on September 1st.