On Thursday, New Zealand-based crowdfunding platform PledgeMe announced it was hitting the road again for a new North Island tour. This past spring, the funding portal conducted a “Tour de South Island” to share with orders the concept of equity crowdfunding.
“We went on a road trip to the South Island, meeting with companies and organisations from Invercargill to Westport (and lots of towns in between) to talk about equity crowdfunding and crowdlending. It was an eye opening experience for us. We met so many founders and doers, who were extremely interested in how to do capital raising, and excited about the idea of going to their crowds. Over 10 days, we met with over 200 people. We learnt a lot about the local initiatives, and shared some stories of inspiring things we’ve seen too.”
The North Island tour dates are as follows:
- October 26th: Wellington (Pledge/RSVP here)
- October 28th: Palmerston North (Pledge/RSVP here) – lunchtime session
- October 28th: Wanganui (Pledge/RSVP here)
- October 29th: New Plymouth (Pledge/RSVP here) – lunchtime session
- October 31st: Rotorua (Pledge/RSVP here)
- November 1st: Tauranga (Pledge/RSVP here)
- November 2nd: Hamilton (Pledge/RSVP here)
- November 3rd: Auckland (Pledge/RSVP here)
- November 4th: Whangarei (Pledge/RSVP here)
Tickers for each event are $20.