The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is joining a growing roster of global securities regulators to acknowledge the shifting environment of finance and the need to better understand Fintech innovation. The OSC is now seeking applications for a Fintech Advisory Commmittee (FAC) that will advise staff on the OSC Launchpad – a sandbox type environment that was announced in a speach by OSC Chair Maureen Jensen in September. Jensen said at that time that it was important not to prevent promising business models from coming to market. The OSC Launchpad will attempt to allow innovation to occur without being overwhelmed by regulatory mandates in an environment that is secure.
The FAC will meet four times a year and will be chaired by head of the OSC Launchpad Pat Chaukos. Members will be selected based on the following criteria and experience;
- Digital platforms (e.g. crowdfunding portals, online advisers);
- Cryptocurrency or distributed ledger technology (e.g. blockchain);
- Venture capital, financial services and/or securities, with a focus on the fintech or technology sector;
- Data science and/or AI (artificial intelligence); or
- Fintech or technology entrepreneurship.
If you are interested, the OSC is accepting applications until the end of this month (November 30). You may contact Amy Tsai with your CV or questions.
Fintech Regulatory Advisor, OSC LaunchPad
Ontario Securities Commission