LendIt, kicks off tomorrow in New York City. The annual event started as a small gathering of emerging online lending platforms and has since morphed into a huge gathering of not just online lending but global Fintech platforms. This year’s event is predicted to be the largest ever with over 5,000 attendees participating in the 2 day event.
“With a new presidential administration, Fintech regulation has been top of mind in our industry, which will be addressed by the CFPB’s Richard Cordray and U.S. Department of Treasury’s Thomas Curry,” said Peter Renton, LendIt co-founder. “Additionally, our Fintech keynote speakers will explore how investment and innovation continues to surge.”
A final list of keynote speakers has been published including:
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) – Richard Cordray, Director
- U.S. Department of the Treasury – Thomas Curry, Comptroller of the Currency
- United States Congress – Patrick McHenry, Congressman
- IBM Watson Group – Brian Walter, Global Industry Leader
- Lantern Capital and Former Apple CEO – John Sculley, Vice Chairman
- Grameen American (former CEO of Avon and Board Member of Apple & GE) – Andrea Jung, CEO
- Marcus by Goldman Sachs – Harit Talwar, CEO,
- American Express – Ash Gupta, President, Global Credit Risk & Information Management
- HSBC Bank – Jeremy K. Balkin, Head of Innovation
- Lending Club – Scott Sanborn, President & CEO
- OnDeck – Noah Breslow, CEO
- 10x Future Technologies and Former CEO of Barclays – Anthony Jenkins, Founder & CEO
LendIt is in its 5th year of operation. This year’s event expects to tackle not just regulation and emerging lending platforms, but other forms of Fintech including Blockchain (DLT), Insurtech, Regtech and more.