Organizers of the bitcoin and digital currency investor conference, Coinagenda, announced on Wednesdays the winners of this year’s startup competition. The event included more than 40 contestants, many of which are currently preparing to launch ICOs.
Coinagenda is described as a new conference that combines the historic mission of CoinAgenda and BitAngels to connect and inform investors and entrepreneurs in the bitcoin, blockchain and cryptocurrency sectors with three first-of-a-kind, mini-conferences within the main event. The conference took place on October 24th through October 26th in Las Vegas.
While sharing details about the competition, Michael Terpin, Founder and Conference Director of Coinagenda, stated:
“The quality of companies participating in the largest-ever CoinAgenda has not been hampered by the size of the field. The judges, which included top digital currency funds and angel investors, was impressed by a great many of the presentations, but in the end had to select a top five. We anticipate this class of presenters will go on and add to the more than $350 million that has already been raised by CoinAgenda ICO presenters this year.”
The winners are the following:
- First place (tie): Rewards.com – a loyalty rewards solution using blockchain technology to provide the first consumer and retail-focused rewards platform.
- First place (tie): Shopin – a blockchain platform that provides users control of their data with universal shopper profiles and a cryptocurrency for the world of retail and commerce. With Shopin profiles, consumers receive benefits on retailer sites and mobile apps they visit.
- Second place: PROPS by YouNow – a new cryptocurrency that grants access to features, content, and status across media apps that share a currency and identity layer, and whose users benefit from the PROPS rewards pool.
- Third place: STACK – a globally accessible alternative to traditional banking, allows users to store money safely, access it instantly and transact with it anywhere, in any currency including crypto by using the STK token.
- Fourth place: Celsius – a new global platform to enable peer-to-peer credit lending and digital credit scores at low-interest rates.
First place winners receive a complimentary exhibit space at a future CoinAgenda event. All top five winners will also receive exhibit space at a future BECON event and one ticket to other blockchain conferences, including d10e, Keynote, and BLOCK-CON.