SwipeStation, a click and collect service that allows users to create an order from anywhere in sports stadiums and is proven to reduce service time at the bar from more than a minute to under 15 seconds, has successfully raised more than 400,000 through its equity crowdfunding campaign on Seedrs. The round was launched last month, seeking 300,000 in funding, and so far has attracted nearly 440 investors.
Founded in 2012, SwipeStation in on a mission to help make bar lines shorter during sporting events. The company reported its mobile payments app differs from other apps by doing the following:
- Does not require the internet
- Does not require any hardware at the bar or staff training the stadiums.
SwipeStation also reported that thousands of fans sign up for the service. Other benefits for using the mobile include:
- Support the multiple payment options: PayPal, ApplePay, Amex, Visa, MasterCard
- A vital tool in the safe management of concourse congestion
- No extra Point of Sale equipment required behind the bar
- Shorter queues = improved customer experience. Visitors are more likely to come to the stadium for a drink before the match
Funds from the Seedrs round will be used to accelerate organic growth by allowing for a land-grab push to galvanize our domestic position while expanding to other countries. The funds will also go towards employee growth, product development, increase office and national travel expenses, marketing, and global trademarks and patents.
The campaign is currently set to close later this summer.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!