æternity, the blockchain 3.0 platform designed to deliver unmatched efficiency, transparent governance and global scalability, announced on Wednesday the startup selection for the next round of æternity Starfleet Accelerator. According to æternity, following the significant success of the first accelerator program in June 2018, where over $1 million was invested in nine blockchain teams, this year the Starfleet Accelerator Program has invited a total of 14 teams from all over the world to join during Genesis Week.
“Commencing March 11, 2019, Genesis Week taking place in Sofia, Bulgaria will see the 14 teams undergo mentoring in areas such as business models, token economics, æternity apps architecture, blockchain infrastructure and tooling, pitching to investors, and media relations from recognized experts.”
Others selected for the program are the following:
- Cryptotask: as decentralized task-oriented platform for the freelancing market
- Excal Technologies: Cyprus based startup that has designed a blockchain eCommerce platform that unites small retailers with the unemployed youth
- Crypto Legends: A Serbian-based blockchain based card game where you can own your own heroes independently from developers
- Nyctale: A French-based startup with data science tools to monitor distributed ledger technologies, analyzing crypto-assets and token usage
- Aenomaly: A UK startup aiming to improve the quality of search results for the education sector and for general internet users
- Say: From Iran that enables donors to improve the lives of children across the world with micro-donations from their phones.
- Blintech: From Spain who has developed a game aiming to teach the language of æternity
- 214 Alpha: From the U.S. who has built an all-inclusive identity/commerce/governance framework for customers to keep their money and affairs in order utilizing a multi-functional, pre-integrated mobile app
It was then revealed that the teams who successfully complete Genesis Week will then be invited to proceed to the Acceleration Stage — a four-week program of mentorships and further rigorous training. The culmination of the program takes place on April 11, 2019 at “Starfleet Demo Day,” where the teams will have the opportunity to present their projects to an audience of investors, thought leaders, media, and the global community of æternity and secure funding of up to $100,000 in AE tokens. Nikola Stojanow, æternity’s CBDO and æternity Ventures’ CEO, went on to add:
“The Starfleet Accelerator Program demonstrates that, contrary to some of the bearish headlines about investments in the blockchain space, funding is available for the most promising and hard working startup projects. We have received applications from around the world and have 14 startups from USA, Europe, Africa and South America competing for funding that will help us collectively establish aeternity as the leading global smart contract platform where blockchain startups flourish.”