The Commodity Futures Trading Commission will be holding a public meeting this week that will address several Fintech focused issues.
The Technology Advisory Committee (TAC) meeting will take place on February 26, 2020, at the CFTC’s headquarters in Washington, D.C. The event, scheduled to start at 10AM and continue to 4PM, will be livestreamed on the CFTC website.
CFTC Commissioner Brian Quintenz is the sponsor of the TAC.
According to the CFTC, the TAC will hear presentations on stablecoins, audit trails, compliance solutions, and cryptocurrency self-regulatory organizations, insurance, and custody.
The TAC will also discuss and vote on a recommendation from its Cybersecurity Subcommittee regarding the Financial Services Sector Coordinating Council Cybersecurity Profile.
The entire agenda is republished below.
10:00am Opening Remarks
10:10am Panel I: FIA on Audit Trail
An overview of recommendations to streamline existing CFTC audit trial requirements.
- Natalie Tynan, Associate General Counsel, Head of Technology Documentation Strategy, FIA
- Tammy Botsford, Executive Director and Assistant General Counsel, J.P. Morgan
- Mark Fabian, Vice President, Market Regulation, ICE Futures U.S.
- Jeff Ramsey, Managing Director and General Counsel, Geneva Trading Andrew Vrabel, Executive Director, Global Head of Investigations, CME Group
10:50am Panel II: Stablecoins
An overview of stablecoins followed by presentations on three stablecoins: Paxos Standard (PAX), Dai, and JPM Coin.
- Tommaso Mancini-Griffoli, Deputy Division Chief in the Monetary and Capital Markets Department, IMF
- Charles Cascarilla, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Paxos Steven Becker, President and Chief Operating Officer, MakerDAO Foundation
- Eddie Wen, Global Head of Digital Markets, J.P. Morgan
12:05pm Panel III: ISDA Demonstration of the Common Domain Model
A presentation on some applications of the ISDA Common Domain Model standard.
- Ian Sloyan, Director, Market Infrastructure and Technology, ISDA
1:30pm Panel IV: Crypto Insurance and Custody
An overview of the crypto insurance market for custodians and how the insurance market is driving best practices, and a discussion on why Multi-Party Computation (MPC) may be a promising solution to the challenges around custody.
- Jim Knox, Managing Director, Technology & Communications Industry-Regional Practice Leader, Aon
- Itay Malinger, Co-Founder and CEO, Curv
2:30pm Panel V: Crypto Self-Regulatory Organizations
An overview and updates from several entities looking to create useful corporate governance regimes in the digital asset and cryptocurrency marketplace
- Jeff Bandman, Board Member, Global Digital Finance
- Yusuf Hussain, President, Virtual Commodities Association
- Brad Vopni, Founding Board Member, Association for Digital Asset Markets
3:30pm TAC Vote
A recommendation from the TAC Cybersecurity Subcommittee for the TAC to recommend to the CFTC that it join with the other noted organizations in making a statement of support for the FSSCC Cyber Profile.
3:45pm Closing Remarks