FinTech South, a Southeast event dedicated to financial innovation, announces 10 startups selected for the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) FinTech South Innovation Challenge’s 2020 class. According to FinTech South, the companies selected will participate in a four-week Education and Mentoring Program, which aims to accelerate early-stage fintech companies in the region through instruction and mentoring. At the conclusion of the program, three startups will be selected to present on FinTech South’s main stage on April 21 for a chance to win the nation’s largest fintech prize package of $50,000.
The companies selected are the following:
- Artis Technologies, LLC: powers an embedded financing platform to provide seamless digital lending and payment services at the point of need
- EnrichHER: helps women-led businesses grow through business financing and a highly engaged network platform
- Ethiopay: centralized global payout platform that currently enables users a simple and convenient way to transfer and/or purchase cross border bill pay, money transfer, mobile data, and mobile minutes between the U.S. and Ethiopia
- Finosec: information security platform that automates the complex and labor-intensive information security and cybersecurity activities that are required for financial institutions and their fintech partners
- Griffin Technologies: a real-time location data platform that connects financial institutions to their customers in the moments that matter
- Immediate: offers a financial wellness and on-demand pay employee benefit, ImmediatePay, that helps reduce dependence on predatory lending services
- InvestGuard: an online funding platform for entrepreneurs who buy companies rather than start them from scratch
- Lendsmart: an AI-driven digital lending platform coupled with a home-buying marketplace, streamlining and optimizing the loan application and home buying journey via a centralized ecosystem
- Ryze: builds automated investing products for Bitcoin, simplifying Bitcoin investing for consumers
- VIVA Finance Inc.: expanding access to affordable credit by offering personal loans that are underwritten based on employment data—instead of credit score
FinTech South, hosted by the Technology Association of Georgia (TAG), is taking place April 20 – 21, 2020 at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Ga.