University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business is now offering a new six-week course called “Fintech Revolution: Transformative Financial Service and Strategies.” According to the business school, this course helps users critically assess the future of financial services and identify opportunities for growth. It also guides students through the latest fintech innovations, disruptions, regulations, and emerging markets.
“This program details the current state of fintech. It leads you from an overview of how technology is revolutionizing the financial sector to the intricacies of international compliance and the complexities of blockchain. It also analyzes what could be coming next in fintech, peer-to-peer lending, real estate, and insurance.”
After finishing the course, students will be able to do the following:
- Evaluate fintech’s transformative effects on a variety of businesses, including those in finance, real estate, insurance, marketplace lending, and personal banking
- Explain how blockchain and distributed ledger technologies work and are used in financial businesses
- Analyze the balance between regulation and innovation – and its tradeoffs
- Describe a potential plan that encompasses key elements of digital transformation that can be applied to your current business to increase overall competitiveness
Wharton also noted that the course is appropriate for a wide range of professionals, including:
- Mid- to senior-level management in finance
- CXOs of fintech startups
- Senior management leading fintech function
- Technology, growth, and innovation consultants
- Professionals working in real estate, insurance, risk, compliance, and regulatory fields
The course is set to begin on December 3rd.