Santander UK has announced the launch of My Home Manager in the Santander mobile app, a new comprehensive service “for mortgage customers designed to assist with all aspects of their home, including: viewing their home value estimate and mortgage balance; checking their home’s Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating and; making home repairs.”
My Home Manager features include:
- Home Dashboard: Customers can view their estimated home value, which is updated every three months, alongside their mortgage balance helping them to see an estimate of their equity.
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC): Customers can access their home’s EPC to check its energy rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient). Features of the property, such as windows, lighting and roof, are also given ratings. Customers can see recommendations for how to improve their energy rating, an estimated cost and funding options for improvements.
- Fix and Maintain: Customers will be able to get cost estimates and free quotes from local tradespeople in their area for home maintenance and repair jobs, book a job and track its progress.(1)
- Home Digital: Customers will be able to compare deals and switch to a new provider in the ‘Broadband & TV’ and ‘Mobile Phone’ sections of the app.
- Furnishings: The app will provide inspirational ideas, articles and exclusive offers to Santander customers on home furnishings to help them create a home they love.
- What’s Next: The ‘What’s Next’ feature in the app gives mortgage customers a preview of proposed new features and they can opt-in to have early access. Proposed new features include: a home expenses manager; home selling guide; home moving services; valuations; solar panel and EV charger installation and; information about their local neighborhood.
Tracie Pearce, Chief Customer Officer, Homes, said:
“For most people, their home is their biggest financial investment and keeping on top of all the costs and upkeep associated with it can be a real challenge. We think My Home Manager provides a unique service for homeowners and its development has been driven by what our customers have told us they’d like to see. I’m really excited about how we can continue to develop the app to give customers the support they need and provide a positive boost to their overall financial health.”
Mortgage customers can “download the app on their smartphone or device from the iOS App Store or the Google Play Store.”
More details can be accessed here.