Crowdcube’s Next Unicorn project has narrowed the number of companies down to 20. As the name explains, the project is to uncover the next company to be worth over one billion dollars.
As was previously reported, BrewDog co-founder James Watt is working with Crowdcube on the project, which includes him committing his own money – £5 million.
BrewDog was a seriel user of online capital formation, raising money from the masses for years.
According to Crowdcube, over 750 investment pitches were received by the platform.
A live pitch in front of Watt will determine the three finalists – announced at a BrewDog pub in Las Vegas the first week of June.
Each of the three finalists will list a securities offering on Crowdcube, enabling smaller investors to participate in the company. Watt and any other lead investors will be investing under the exact same terms available to retail investors. A waitlist for each offering will be posted prior to the round going live.
The went firms are as follows:
- Basket – retail
- Fussy – natural deodorant
- Mous – protective cases
- Tred – an impact credit card
- Axioma – car repair specialist
- Uncouth – skincare
- Flexi-Hex – sustainable packaging
- Petit-Pli – children’s clothing
- Oceanr – eco apparel
- Unplugged – 3-day digital free stay in nature
- Yum Bug – food from insects
- AllotMe – rent a garden
- HelpBnk – entrepreneurial networking
- LoveRaw – plant-based food
- Roam Foods – grass-fed beef bars
- explore – local super app
- Vacay – ready-to-drink cocktails
More information is available here.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!