Acton Capital, one of Europe’s longest-standing venture capital investors, has announced the closing of its Fund ACTON VI to invest throughout Europe and Canada.
The team remains committed to “backing companies in their early growth phase, with a focus on startups developing sustainable scaling strategies rooted in proven business models.”
The new €225m fund is Acton Capital’s largest fund thus far, “bringing its total capital close to €1 billion.”
Backing companies with proven business models at the early growth stage
Dominik Alvermann, Acton Capital, said:
“At Acton Capital, we have always focused on growth that is driven by reason rather than short-term momentum. We are launching Fund VI in a market environment where this approach is more crucial than ever. In the current market cycle, the need to balance an attractive growth profile and solid financial fundamentals will be of paramount importance,” says Dominik Alvermann, Managing Partner at Acton Capital. “Our high conviction investment approach and the experience from five prior fund generations put us in a great place to be a truly meaningful partner to current and future founders.”
Risk-aligned venture capital to mission-driven founders
Julius Lühr, Principal at Acton Capital, said:
“Acton VI will continue to represent what we believe to be the best risk-aligned investment approach in the venture capital market for founders. We work with ambitious founders to develop growth strategies that fit their unique situations and support all our portfolio companies reaching their full potential – be it the next global category leader or a highly capital-efficient hidden champion.”
First investments out of the new Acton VI fund:
- Henchman (Belgium) provides an AI-driven knowledge tool for lawyers that helps optimise and digitise legal professionals’ workflows.
- Klaus (Estonia) offers a quality assurance solution that helps enterprises drive revenue through excellence in customer service.
- ECO Group (Germany) is a platform that allows purpose-driven eco-brands to reach consumers with a curated selection of healthy and environmentally conscious home and beauty products.
- Seatti (Germany) develops a hybrid workforce management software, organising office space in a hybrid environment while fostering team collaboration.
- Skribble (Switzerland) is the leading Swiss e-signature service, which enables a seamless digital document workflow, fully compliant under the highest EU and Swiss standards.
- Since 1999, Acton Capital has backed some of the most seminal startups and scale-ups in both the B2B and the consumer space, and has supported close to 100 companies on their way to market leadership, including Mambu, HomeToGo, SoSafe, Knix, AlphaSights, Clio.