2021 was a record-breaking year for DealMaker, the market-leading technology platform behind online capital raising transactions. DealMaker powered a number of landmark transactions, including Carbon Streaming’s $104.9M Private Placement, the largest ever non-brokered online private placement, and the Green Bay Packers’ 2021 Common Stock Offering, the sixth historic offering in the organization’s history that saw over $30M raised within the first 48 hours. Growth in the retail capital markets drove increasing numbers of sophisticated issuers to pursue retail financings, and the DealMaker team is looking forward to another incredible year in 2022 as retail capital raising continues to break new records.
Additional highlights from 2021 include:
- Crossing the $1 billion mark in total capital raised via DealMaker, double the volume of other online capital raising platforms.
- Servicing over 400 issuers since our inception. In 2021, issuers came from a wide variety of industries, with healthtech, renewable energy, and robotics shining as key verticals.
- An average investment ticket of over $2,600 on retail capital raises (Reg A/CF), reinforcing the commitment to (and powerful technological superiority toward) powering increased investor conversion.
- Over 400,000 investor profiles created to date with highest conversion rates coming from Switzerland, Canada, Singapore and the Netherlands.
- Powering one of the first over-subscribed $5M Reg CF offerings, Trust Stamp.
Issuers using DealMaker pushed the boundaries of speed and scale in the capital markets, as our technology allowed them to reach previously unimaginable opportunities.
- DealMaker powered three issuers raising over $30M in less than 48 hours. Congratulations to Carbon Streaming Corp, Osisko Development Corp, and the Green Bay Packers!
- DealMaker powered 10 issuers raising over $20M, with some continuing to raise. Congratulations to our issuers setting a new standard for success in retail offerings.
As leading issuers continue to select and highlight DealMaker as the premier technology solution to power their capital raises, DealMaker itself is proud to have grown alongside the market, expanding its team, solutions, and corporate initiatives. 2021 company milestones include:
- Launching DealMaker Shareholder Services, a significant technology for US-registered Transfer Agent services, based in Tampa, Florida.
- Increasing headcount from 16 to 60+ talented and dedicated full-time employees, across 3 continents.
- Growing our product offerings by over 300% including new technology solutions for shareholder management and communications, advanced analytics and digital marketing integrations, cryptocurrency payments, a patent-pending investor scoring algorithm, and more.
- Growing network of active partners to over 160 firms.
- Main stage features at landmark events including Money2020, Equity Crowdfunding Week, the 2021 Angels and Entrepreneurs Retreat, and more.
- Hosting a multi-part webinar series covering cutting-edge topics in capital markets innovation from Digital Warrant Exercise to Tokenization of Securities, featuring expert guests including US Congressman Warren Davidson.
Ready to hit the ground running in 2022, DealMaker shows no signs of halting its breakneck pace of over 600% year-over-year growth with over $1.5B in its offering pipeline. Issuers and service providers in the capital markets should reach out via www.dealmaker.tech to connect with a representative and follow company updates via DealMaker’s mailing list and LinkedIn page.
DealMaker’s mission is to create the most sophisticated capital markets tools on the planet, empowering capital to flow faster. DealMaker offers a suite of primary issuance, shareholder management, and capital raising solutions including investor ranking algorithms and data analytics tools to support all global private placements exemptions. Its innovative technology was designed to enable organizations to own and control exempt market raises to get the money they need, faster. DealMaker puts forward-thinking organizations in control to run streamlined, successful capital raises in one centralized platform. The company’s offices are located in Toronto, Canada and Tampa, Florida. Visit DealMaker.tech for more information.