Below is a brief summary of the crowdfunding statistics Kickstarter released today. 2012 was certainly a stellar year for this young company which turned 3 years old in April. We are looking forward to 2013:
- 2,241,475 pledged a total of $319,786629 for 18,109 successfully funded projects
- This generate a pledge rate of $606.76 per minute for 2012.
- 570,672 out of the 2.2 Million backed two or more projects.
- 50,047 out of the 2.2 Million backed ten or more projects.
- 425 out of the 2.2 Million backed 100 or more projects.
- There were project backers from 177 countries or 90% of all the countries in the world.
- Music had the most funded projects with 5,067
- Games had the most money pledged with $83 Million.
- Art, Film, Music, Publishing and Theater each had more than 1,000 funded projects.
- 17 Projects Raised over $1 Million.
- 10% of the films at Sundance are funded by Kickstarter (or 19 selected; four win top prizes)
- FUBAR hits the New York Times Best Sellers List
- There is a a Kickstarter Popsicle now.
- Incident in New Baghdad nominated for an Oscar
- Double Fine Adventures Game goes large and kicks off games: 561,574 backers, $83,144,565 pledged, 2,796 projects.
And much, much more here.
|Film & Video||9,600||3,891||$57,951,876||647,361|