Kiva Zip, a peer-to-peer crowdlending platform, has published a review of statistics for 2013. Kiva Zip is a pilot program from Kiva where people may make loans directly to entrepreneurs for as little as $5. In the United States the repayment rate stands at almost 87%.
Kiva Zip has three goals:
- Help entrepreneurs access the financial services they need
- Lower fees and interest rates to make borrowing more affordable
- Cultivate community between borrowers and lenders
Kiva is a non-profit organization on a mission to alleviate poverty via micro finance. Since starting operations in 2005 Kiva has facilitated more than $500 Million in Loans
Some of the 2013 data from Kiva Zip includes:
- 14,673 people crowdfunded
- Over $1.5 Million in Loans
- Funding 368 entrepreneurs looking to make a social impact
See Kiva Zip Deck below.