The Rotman School of Management, at the University of Toronto, put on an event last month in Toronto on crowdfunding entitled “An Evolution in the Canadian Capital Markets. The presentation also incorporating a group of panelists including;
- Ajay Agrawal, Peter Munk Professor of Entrepreneurship & Associate Professor of Strategic Management, Rotman School of Management
- Avi Goldfarb, Professor of Marketing, Rotman School of Management
- Douglas S. Ellenoff, Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP
- Ben Grynol, Co-Founder, Top & Derby
- Kevin Laws, COO, AngelList
- James E.A. Turner, Vice Chair, Ontario Securities Commissionames E.A. Turner, Vice-Chair, Ontario Securities Commission
There is some interesting information and data included here along with the remote participation of Angellist sharing their platforms experience.
Specific rules are expected to be proposed by the Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) within the next two months on regulating investment crowdfunding.