Disney’s Million Dollar Arm and Indiegogo are collaborating to recognize individuals who are making a difference in their local communities through the “Change The Game Contest”. This opportunity brings the spirit of Million Dollar Arm to life and offers people the chance to turn their inspiring, game-changing ideas into a reality with a chance to win $25,000 for their campaign. Additionally the top four (4) finalists will receive contributions of $2,500 towards their Indiegogo campaign.
The contest is for US based campaigns only and project creators in the following categories may apply:
- Revitalization or new community development: These Campaigns must focus on revitalization efforts in an Entrant’s local community focused on families including but not limited to parks, community centers, libraries, etc.
- Green Initiatives: These Campaigns must focus on benefiting the Entrant’s local community and ensure that any “environmental” benefits/claims can be substantiated.
- Education or career building: These Campaigns must focus on benefiting the Entrant’s local community
If you have already created a campaign you may still apply by emailing [email protected] with the following details to request entry into the Contest:
- Link to your campaign, Name and Phone Number (allow for 24 hour response time)
- Participating campaigns will be displayed on Disney’s Million Dollar Arm Page on Indiegogo
- Participating campaigners can keep all funds raised through their Indiegogo campaign and will eligible for the grand prize to be announced on May 30th.
Some key dates regarding the contest are:
- April 15-May 2nd: Contestants may enter the Contest by creating new campaigns or submitting existing campaigns
- May 2-15th: Disney to conduct finalist selection process (Campaigns may continue to run throughout the entirety of the Contest and beyond)
- May 16th: Top 5 finalists announced
- May 16-23rd: Public voting for Grand Prize Winner
- May 30th: Grand Prize Winner and First Prize Winners are announced