Changing the way music lovers listen to their favorite artists, Geek Labs launched a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to raise $38,000 for its product Geek Wave. The new device is described as a high performance music player that the user can take on-the-go and is made for discerning ears.
The Geek Labs team wrote, “Music connects us. It’s an expression of our feelings, emotions and experiences. Some people are happy listening to music through an iPod or their smartphone. However, this doesn’t cut it for those that want to experience their music the way it was truly meant to be heard, in all of its high fidelity greatness.”
“In order to immerse themselves and experience all that their music has to offer, they need a portable music device of a much higher caliber.”
Although the Geek Wave looks similar to an earlier version of the iPhone, the campaign organizers state that the Geek Wave is not a Next-gen iPod nor is a no-compromise portable music player.
Geek Wave offers the following:
- The highest resolution audio available – 32 bit/384 kHz PCM capable.
- Drag and drop music management with expandable storage – Easy to manage from computer hard drives.
- An intuitive user interface – offers a standalone player and allow the user to control it with a smartphone.
- Ten Processor Cores – Uses both a dual core MIPS32 MPU from Microchip Technology and an eight core 500MIPS CPU from XMOS.
- A large, interchangeable battery – user-accessible. After the expected two year lifespan of the rechargeable lithium ion battery, the user can easily swap in a new one.
Offering up an reward for backers, Geek Labs will give out the Geek Wave 32. This device features everything in the Geek Wave 64, but comes with a 32 GB of on-board storage, which is expandable up to another 2 TV using the SDXC port.
Since its launch in May, the campaign has crushed its initial goal and is just shy of $800,00 from over 4,200 backers. It is set to close on July 12th
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!