Indiegogo Reveals International Mobile Traffic Has Doubled.
Global crowdfunding platform Indiegogo has announced the release of its free App for Apple’s iPhone and iPod touch finally providing a mobile experience for Indiegogo users. An App for the Android platform remains in development. The new application was tied to the recent $40 million series B funding round that closed this past January. Big name investors have recently funded the company – including famous entrepreneur Sir Richard Branson. Indiegogo has been pushing forward with a flurry of changes, technology updates and global rebranding, as they seek to accommodate their growing user base as the phenomena of crowdfunding expands across the globe. Launched in 2008, the company distributes millions of dollars each week to crowdfunding project creators.
“Since day one we have been dedicated to providing our campaigners and contributors with the best funding platform in the world,” said Slava Rubin, CEO of Indiegogo. “This year has been one of tremendous growth for us and we’re investing heavily to continue improving Indiegogo for mobile users globally. The Indiegogo App is the first of many advancements focused on delivering the best mobile experience imaginable.”
Indiegogo lists the App features as follows:
- Supporting Indiegogo campaigns
- Discovering new campaigns through recommendations based on past activity and preferred categories
- Exploring and following campaign categories
- Claiming campaign perks
- Sharing favorite campaigns with friends
- Managing Indiegogo campaigns
- Receiving notifications each time a contribution is made to a campaign
- Monitoring campaign comments
- Posting campaign updates and photos
- Thanking contributors
- Sending custom messages to phone contacts and Facebook friends
- Promoting campaigns on social networks