As part of the Single Market Forum 2014, the EU Expert Group on crowdfunding is scheduled to meet in Brussels next week on Thursday, September 25th.
The Single Market Forum is designed to assess how well the European Union’s single market works in practice. The objective is to identify issues and barriers that inhibit market operation and rectify these challenges, thus removing barriers to a more effective & efficient single – borderless market.
From September 2014 to January 2015 a total of 21 workshops and conferences will be held across Europe on various economic issues. The targeted topics include:
- The Single Market for Services
- The Digital Single Market
- Professional Qualifications
- Public Procurement
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Crowdfunding in the EU
The crowdfunding workshop will bring together a diverse group of thought leaders from various EU member states. Expected topics include:
- how to raise awareness about crowdfunding,
- provide information and training modules,
- build trust with users and promote transparency,
- exchange of best practices and certification.
There will be a discussion on the possibility of creating a quality label for crowdfunding providers.