Business crowdfunding platform Fundable and office supply retailer Staples have teamed up to launch the first Crowd2Shelf Contest. The event drew in thousands of startups across the U.S. to compete for a chance to fund their way to Staples’ shelves.
A panel of innovation experts, including Fundable and Staples representatives, selected the Top 25 submissions that will continue in the Crowd2Shelf Contest. From the Top 25 entrants, three companies will be chosen as final winners. These contestants will then be judged on their number of votes, success of their crowdfunding campaign, and judge’s recommendations.
The winning entrant(s) will have the opportunity to present their products to the Staples store merchandising teams for the chance to sell their products in Staples stores and/or on Staples.com through the Staples Brands Group product line.
Contestants in the Crowd2Shelf Top 25 Include:
- Eva – Wilmington, DE: Remote-controlled recessed LED lighting
- GetnHand – Tulsa, OK: Secure tablet holder
- SticknFind – Fort Lauderdale, FL: Bluetooth enabled stickers to track and monitor devices
- HearNotes – San Francisco, CA: The world’s first truly wireless earbuds
- NVBots – Cambridge, MA: The world’s first automated 3D printer
- Tempo by CarePredict – Fort Lauderdale, FL: Wearable device that tracks elderly health
- Plum – Austin, TX: Wi-Fi enabled lighting controlled via smartphone
- Letterforms – Freemont, CA: Reusable dry erase notebooks
- Garageio – Columbus, OH: Smartphone controlled garage opener
- WigWag – Austin, TX: Cloud-powered home automation
- Tarsier – Shoreview, MN: Gesture-controlled automated home entertainment
- The Plug Radio – Hollywood, CA: Outlet-mounted Bluetooth music player
- Helios – New York City, NY: Solar-powered, WiFi-enabled bags
- Hidden Radio – San Fancisco, CA: Intuitive wireless speakers
- Insight GPS Tags – Sunrise, FL: Indoor and outdoor tracking tags
- SeeSpace inAiR – San Francisco, CA: World’s first augmented TV experience
- Smart Outlet- Toronto, CA: Power outlet control via smartphone
- SOSCharger – Seattle, WA: Powerful, portable charger that can be used anywhere
- Sun LifeLight – Beverly, MA: Light therapy lamps
- PowerBee – Seattle, WA: Portable charger powered by renewable energy
- Holdits – Boothwyn, PA: Efficient organizer
- Soap – Monument, CO: All-in-one wireless router
- Jorno – Los Angeles, CA: Portable, foldable Bluetooth keyboard
- You-Noticed Bulletin Boards – Syracuse, NY: Versatile, stylish bulletin boards
Fundable is a business crowdfunding platform with over $130 million in commitments and exclusively dedicated to helping businesses. Different from any other crowdfunding platform, Fundable offers both rewards and equity business crowdfunding options. Founded by veteran entrepreneurs who have raised countless venture capital and angel investment rounds of financing, Fundable seeks to empower startups by providing access to early stage growth capital.
Staples makes it easy to make more happen with more products and more ways to shop. Through its world-class retail, online and delivery capabilities, Staples lets customers shop however and whenever they want, whether it’s in-store, online or on mobile devices. Staples offers more products than ever, such as technology, facilities and breakroom supplies, furniture, safety supplies, medical supplies, and Copy and Print services. Headquartered outside of Boston, Staples operates throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!