With consumers prepping for the upcoming holidays, along with Black Friday and Cyber Monday, organizations from all around the world, including PayPal, JustGiving, eBay, and Discover, have teamed up to celebrate this year’s #GivingTuesday. Now, global crowdfunding giant, Indiegogo, has also announced its support for the special day of giving.
As previously reported, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving that has raised $29.3 million for thousands of nonprofits since 2012. The third annual #GivingTuesday, the brainchild of New York’s 92nd Street Y, will take place on December 2, 2014. #GivingTuesday is a national day to think of others and give to charities; consider it the fourth “money spending” day following Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and CyberMonday. It is t truly the shopping day most aligned to the spirit of the holiday season.
The program changes nonprofit crowdfunding two ways:
- Nonprofits can now conduct crowdfunding campaigns on the domain name of their choice, including their existing website
- Campaigns are provided free localized marketing support by BNN Funding through The Breaking News Network (“BNN”), a 400 city community news network.
Last year, Indiegogo teamed up with #GivingTuesday to raise more than $2.6 million for nonprofits around the world and is ready to help with the cause this year. According to the platform’s blog, participating nonprofits and social impact campaigns will receive the campaign amplification package if they start a campaign by December 2nd (#GivingTuesday). This package will include:
- Indiegogo’s Amplification Guide.
- An Indiegogo fee discount of at least 10%.
- $80 marketing package (via GreenInbox).
- $60 web retargeting credit (via AdRoll).
- A free volunteer job posting for a marketing expert for your Indiegogo campaign (through LinkedIn).
- Free press release distribution (via PRLog.org).
Select campaigns will also receive:
- Personalized campaign coaching from Indiegogo experts.
- Additional promotion via Indiegogo’s blog, email newsletter, and social media channels.
- Additional promotion on the official #GivingTuesday.org blog, website, and social media channels.
The team also shared,”You’ll receive the amplification package via email no more than 2 days after creating a draft campaign. Select campaign promotion is offered by Indiegogo and #GivingTuesday.org. Personalized campaign coaching will be available to campaigns that sign up by November 21 on a first come, first served basis.”