Beer drinkers, rejoice! There’s a new fashion accessory specifically for you that has made its way to Kickstarter. On Saturday (November 22nd), host of the National Geographic Channel’s Chug, Zane Lamprey, launched a campaign on the crowdfunding giant to raise $50,000. Within only two days, the project surpassed its initial goal and is currently at $65,812 from 671 backers.
The Drinking Jacket is a feature-packed hoodie that is so cozy and comfortable, its guaranteed destined to be to your favorite accessory. Besides keeping you warm, the jacket will also keep your drinks cold. Its features include:
- Bottle Opener Zipper: The front zipper is a durable bottle opener in a gun-metal finish.
- Beer Koozie Pocket: a neoprene-lined breast pocket to hold your beer can or bottle.
- Sunglass Holder: Don’t lose your sunglasses again when day-drinking turns into night-drinking.
- Drinking Mitts: Built-into-the sleeves slip resistant drinking mitts.
- Hidden Flask Pocket: An inside pocket to hide things such as passport, iPod, wallet and optional the designer’s metal-detector-proof flask.
- Snappable I.D. and Money Pocket: Keep your I.D., credit cards, bartender tips, or cab fare close at hand in the arm pocket.
Although the campaign won’t be finished until three days before the holidays (and will not be shipping until 2015), the Drinking Jacket team noted, “We’ve made some emailable and printable cards that you can give your friends and family to let them know that you bought them the Drinking Jacket for the holidays.”
During a recent interview with Food and Wine, Lamprey shared details about the jacket and how he came up with its design. “It was an evolution. First I just thought it would be cool to have zipper that was a bottle opener. Then a little later I asked the manufacturer if we could put neoprene in the pocket and make it a koozie. From there I just started adding more—the drinking gloves, the flask pocket. The sunglasses holder is big for me because day drinking turns into night drinking and I needed a place to put them that wasn’t a pocket or I’d forget them and accidentally crush them.”
In regards to where is the best place to wear the jacket, Lamprey added, “I had a friend who is a football player tell me it’s the perfect tailgating jacket. I’m not condoning sneaking flasks into a stadium, but the flask is metal detector proof and the pocket for it is hidden.”
The Drinking Jacket campaign is set to close on December 22nd.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!