Earlier this week, Las Vegas-based Funforge, LLC. launched a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to raise $80,000 for its new cooperative survival boardgames called ZNA. According to its campaign, ZNA takes place in Boston. The year is 2015 and the city has been struck by a storm of dark smoke, which is later referred to as “the Fog.”
This mysterious phenomenon destroys everything in its path and leaves a world plunged into chaos. The Fog creates an area that is not only dangerous and impassable, but infested with mutants. Each player must work together to progress across the game board by searching for equipment, swapping objects with each other, looting chemical storage facilities in order to mix up concoctions to figure the Fog and its mutants.
Some of the items included with the game include:
- 1 Scenario book
- 2 reversible help sheets
- 40 illustrated and reversible tiles
- 21 plastic Fog markers
- 4 Hero player boards
- 4 Hero minis (35mm), 3 Drone minis (35mm) and 45 Mutant minis (from 35mm to 80mm)
- 50 Fog event cards and 220 Resource cards
- 8 transparent plastic Player cubes and 72 transparent plastic Chemical cubes
- 21 custom engraved D6 dice
FunForge stated, “ZNA is designed to offer players a large variety of choices and configurations, with first class-material. Find out the origins of the Fog, what happens to the survivors, and much, much more in 12 original scenarios. Even though ZNA is — above all — a boardgame, during the design process it quickly became apparent that developing a digital interface, which would feature a tile scanner and use augmented reality, would be an original and appealing asset to the game.
“The more we explored this concept, ideas for new features popped into our heads, and we ended up devising an entire ZNA app. This would be more than just some one-dimensional app: This Companion would include game help, interactive scenarios, a map editor, storytelling, augmented reality, and more! We believe that these enhanced gameplay features will provide not just new ways to play the game, but even more immersion in the ransacked Boston of 2025.”
The game’s features are the following:
- Drone hacking, which enables you to scan unexplored tiles of the gameboard, in order to locate certain elements.
- Additional storytelling for the narration of primary and secondary objectives, the heroes’ backgrounds, scenario stories, with recorded voices and animated cinematics.
- A game guide to assist players in scenario setup.
- A map editor, to allow you to create and save your own original maps.
Within its first three days on the platform, ZNA surpassed its initial goal and raised well over $115,000 thanks to nearly 1,000 backers. Its campaign is set to close on January 16th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!