Fantem, the creators of already Indiegogo success Oomi, an innovative smart home system, announces a strategic partnership with netTALK, a leading provider of home phone and smartphone communications, to provide a cost effective alternative to current home security options.
The solution, Oomi Personal Home Monitoring powered by netTALK, will provide users peace of mind that their property and loved ones are safe and secure, even when they are away from home. The system utilizes Oomi’s security features and leverages netTALK’s communication platform to allow users to proactively monitor their home and communicate with its occupants at a fraction of the cost of other home security solutions.
The service will be available as an add-on service to an Oomi smart home system for $60 per year. Personal Home Monitoring will enable:
- Video and audio monitoring of the home
- Incident notification via phone call; glass breaking, opening of doors and windows, motion detection, and more
- Creation of calling trees for notifying an emergency contact list on event triggers
- Mimicking lighting patterns to deter break-ins and appearance of vacant home
- Direct audio communication to people inside the home through Oomi Cube
- Direct connect to emergency services, police, fire, ambulance, if needed
Colin Marshall, Vice President at Fantem, stated:
“We’re excited to be partnering with netTALK to create an affordable but effective home security solution. Actually being, not just feeling, safe and sound is a paramount consideration for most people. We want to ensure that it is easy enough for anyone to set-up, and affordable enough for anyone to have.”
Anastasios “Takis” Kyriakides, founder and CEO of netTALK, then added:
“We’ve been able to help our customers fire their phone company. Partnering with Oomi is going to finally allow everyone to fire their home security company as well.”
The Oomi Security Kit is currently being offered during a limited time pre-sale event for $389, a savings of $310 off retail.
The Kit includes:
- Oomi Cube: A sensor-packed brain for the entire system. It includes 8 sensors and a night vision camera.
- Oomi Touch: The primary controller for the Oomi smart home system enables Tap-and-Touch set-up of accessories in two easy steps, it can even control television and replace old remotes.
- Oomi MultiSensor: A 6 in 1 sensor that includes motion detection
- Oomi Door & Window Sensors: Three are included in the Security Kit
Oomi also offers additional smart home accessories outside of the Security Kit including: Oomi Bulb, which is a color-changing LED bulb; Oomi Streamer, which can play content from the internet on high definition television, and Oomi Air, which is an air quality sensor; and Oomi Plug, which turns normal outlets into smart outlets.
In just over one week after launching on Indiegogo, Fantem’s flagship product, Oomi, has reached almost $500,000 in funding. Fantem originally sought to raise $50,000 with this campaign, and surpassed its original funding goal for the smart home system within the first 37 minutes.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!