Tripping.com, a search engine for vacation homes and short-term rentals, announced it has raised $16 million in Series B financing from investors across New York, Silicon Valley, Asia, and Europe.
This news coincides with the unveiling of significant growth statistics, including a 2,918% increase in traffic and a 2,390% increase in monthly revenues since last summer. In addition, the company now carefully curates and offers over five million rental listings worldwide.
Erik Blachford, former Expedia CEO and active private company investor, explained:
“In the short time since Tripping.com received their Series A funding last May, their growth has been exponential. As the leading metasearch site for vacation rentals, Tripping.com has clearly jumped into the market head-first. Their numbers show they’re already making a massive impact on the industry, both in the United States and abroad, and I’m excited to be along for the ride.”
The round was led by Steadfast Venture Capital. Other notable firms and individual investors including:
- 7 Seas Venture Partners: venture partner Jeff Xiong is the former CTO of Tencent
- Enspire Capital: venture firm with offices in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore
- Azure Capital: venture firm with investments in travel companies TripIt and Switchfly
- Erik Blachford: former CEO of Expedia and IAC Travel
- Fritz Demopoulos: founder of travel metasearch giant Qunar in China
- Monte Koch: board member at Choice Hotels & founder of Auction.com
- Drew Goldman: head of Real Estate Investment Banking for Deutsche Bank
- Brendan Wallace: formerly of The Blackstone Group and co-founder of Identified
- Shawntae Spencer: former NFL Athlete (49ers / Raiders)
The company is partnered with the world’s top rental sites such as HomeAway, VRBO, TripAdvisor, Booking.com and dozens more. By pulling their partners’ listings into a single platform, Tripping.com makes it easy for travelers to search, compare, and book vacation homes around the globe.
Travelers already see the value in Tripping.com, as over 1/3 of their users repeatedly return to Tripping.com to book rentals. Over the past year, Tripping.com has experienced explosive growth, including:
- 2,390% growth in monthly revenues
- 2,918% growth in traffic to over 2 million unique visitors per month
- 158% growth in listings to over 5 million rental listings in 100,000 destinations worldwide
Jen O’Neal, Founder and CEO of Tripping.com, noted:
“Before Tripping.com, travelers would spend hours searching for vacation rentals across an average of five sites. Now they simply come to Tripping.com to browse millions of properties with a single click. We’re thrilled to announce our Series B today. This funding will enable us to fuel our growth, expand aggressively into international markets and enhance our mobile offering. This is a momentous milestone – I’m extremely proud of our team and grateful for the support of our investors.”
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!