Just one week after its Kickstarter debut, the Nebia showerhead successfully raised $2 million. The project was originally seeking only $100,000 but achieved the initial within mere hours of its initiative’s launch.
The Nebia Shower is a showerhead that you can install yourself. The system claims to create a shower like you have “never experienced before.” The company explained its engineering hardware:
“Nebia atomizes water into millions of tiny droplets with 10 times more surface area than your regular shower. With Nebia, more water comes into contact with your body, leaving your skin clean and hydrated all while using less water than a typical household showerhead. In fact, Nebia uses 70% less water than a typical household showerhead. For the average U.S. home, Nebia pays for itself in less than two years.
“Nebia embraces you the moment you step into your Nebia shower. A warm and cozy mist hugs your skin, providing more than enough water to get you clean and feel refreshed. The Nebia sensation stays with you long after you leave your shower. For hours after finishing your shower, you feel rejuvenated. Your skin feels cleansed and refreshed. Your hair shines. Your muscles relax. There is no better way to start your day.”
The San Francisco startup has been working on the showerhead for nearly five years and developed numerous iterations and prototypes. They also adopted technologies from aerospace engineering to help optimize every aspect of the shower nozzles and create their H2MICRO technology.
Nebia’s features include:
- The Head: built from a high-density polymer with thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU), delivers the perfect frame to nest the H2MICRO nozzles. With head rotation up to 45°, the head creates a whole new degree of versatility. The head was designed with all hair types in mind, and pet hair included.
- The Bracket: Made of anodized aluminum, the bracket rigidly attaches to your water supply and adheres to your wall, secured to the wall without breaking your bathroom tile. The Bracket houses an internal channel through which water flows to the head and the wand. It is elegant yet incredibly wear resistant.
- The Arm: Slides 27 inches up and down the Bracket to optimize and customize the spray pattern to your body shape and size. In other words, Nebia was built to accommodate everyone from basketball players to children.
- The Wand: Ergonomically designed, has just the right heft and grip. Paired with the dock, it gives you a portable dimension of water and that extra spray of pure pleasure.
Sharing their thoughts about the recent funding milestone, the Nebia team shared:
“We’ve had an outpouring of support. Nebia has been featured in over 300 news publications around the world! Thanks to all of you who shared, tweeted, emailed, posted, chatted or maybe even sang a song about Nebia. Whatever you did – it’s working. We are still not done (24 more days!) and need all of your support to keep the momentum. With just 2 clicks you can share Nebia!”
The company also unveiled a few of the projects:
- How to install Nebia in 90 seconds
- Rinsing hair with Nebia in 10 seconds
- New FAQs
- The option to buy 2 Nebia showers is back!
Check out Nebia in action below.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!