League of Geeks has released the first major post-launch update on Steam for Kickstarter success Armello. The PlayStation 4 and DRM-free versions of Armello will get the Armellians Roar update on Tuesday, Nov. 10.
- House Rules: allowing players to customize rules for each game
- Pacing improvements: Greater control over game speed with the addition of a fast-forward button to hurry through off-turns in single player and a new “Quick A.I. Turns” mode to hasten A.I. controlled characters
- New armor and weapons: Includes an Easter egg for fans of Darkest Dungeon. As well as two new hero-augmenting amulets
- Improved stability and security: In multiplayer
- Significant localization upgrades: In all languages
When the Armellians Roar update comes to PlayStation 4, League of Geeks will also increase the font size for increased visibility and optimize other UI elements for console gamers. Since launch, Armello has garnered acclaim with 88% positive reviews on Steam and a five-star rating on the PlayStation store. Gamers and critics have praised Armello for its deep strategy, gorgeous visuals and engaging, original lore inspired by beloved fantasy series including Redwall and Game of Thrones.
Complementing Armello‘s warm reception from reviewers and fans, the game was named a finalist for IndieCade 2015. Trent Kusters, founder and director at League of Geeks, noted:
“Our intention has always been to keep improving Armello with feedback from the fantastic community. The new update addresses the many requests we received for more customization options and house rules. We look forward to continuing our dynamic relationship with Armello fans, improving Armello in concert with our community as we have since the start of our Kickstarter campaign.”
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!