Just 4 hours after launching its new crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter, PowerUp Toys announces the successful funding its project and raising over $140,000 to start production of its paper airplane drone with a live-streaming camera, the PowerUp FPV.
Partnered with Parrot to manufacture the device, the new drone creates a first-person viewing (FPV) experience, letting people experience what it’s like to sit in the cockpit of a paper airplane, directly on their smartphone, or using a Google Cardboard headset.
Shai Goitein, CEO of PowerUp Toys, stated:
“We are working hard to make this a reality and are thrilled with the response we’ve received from our backers. Our backers have proven to us that the idea to put a live video camera on a paper airplane is amazing. Moreover, people are excited to fulfill a childhood dream of flying through the air, riding on a paper airplane.”
Users of the PowerUp FPV can stream their flight by connecting through WiFi. They are able to watch the video, or wireless transfer it to their smartphones and upload it to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or favorite video sharing service from their mobile network.
Features of the PowerUp FPV include:
- 300ft WiFi live streaming range
- Capture live streaming video and still images during flight
- Intuitively controlled with Google Cardboard Head Mounted Display. or in-app gamepad mode (optional)
- Ultra wide-angle rotating camera to capture and stream forward-facing, rear-view and wing-view
- Travels at speeds up to 20 mph
- Auto-Pilot mode for easy flying
- Up to 10min of continuous flight time
Backers can receive the PowerUp FPV for the price of $159 (early bird). Estimated delivery of the drones is June 2016. The Kickstarter campaign is set to close on December 9th.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!