On Tuesday, Squadrone System announced it has shipped its widely known autonomous drone, Hexo+, to the US market and abroad.
Initially launched through a Kickstarter campaign, where it closed out at $1.3 million from over 2,300 backers in July 2014, HEXO+ was designed with the user in mind. Incorporating its founders’ expertise in movie production with safety-critical aeronautics navigation system, its unparalleled approach to aerial camera technology boasts amazing camera movements. HEXO+ took home three awards at CES 2015, including iPhone Life’s Best of CES, Envisioneering’s Innovation & Design Award at ShowStoppers and Videomaker’s Best Drone of CES award.
Antoine Level, co-founder and CEO of HEXO+, noted:
“This is an entirely new way of capturing amazing aerial imagery. We are incredibly proud to bring together our experience in aeronautics technology and software development to create a simple, easy-to-use product.”
“HEXO+ was built with outdoor adventurers in mind, allowing them to live in the moment and not behind a lens. It enables you to capture incredible footage of yourself—by yourself. As a snowboarder, this gives me unprecedented freedom to create and share footage without the expense and constraints of helicopters and a film crew.”
Key features of Hexo+ include:
- No remote control needed—control HEXO+ with just your smartphone and the HEXO+ app, which is available for Apple iOS 9 and Android 4.4 and above
- Compatible with most GoPro camera models
- Predictive tracking algorithms anticipate your next move
- Operating altitude of up to 16,000 feet
- Maximum speed of 45 mph
- 6-propeller design for added stability and power
- Quick and easy battery swap
- Library of 12 pre-programmed camera movements, easily adjusted and fine-tuned.
HEXO+ is currently available to purchase for $1,349.00.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!