On Thursday, Kickstarter announced the first version of its android app. The crowdfunding giant declared:
The Android app’s description reads:
“Kickstarter is home to a community of people working to bring creative projects to life. Together, they’ve pledged over $2 billion to support everything from art, to games, innovative technologies, Oscar-winning documentaries, and much, much more.”
App users can do the following:
- Discover and pledge to projects
- Get updates on projects you’ve backed
- See what your friends are backing
iPhone app users can now download Kickstarter’s version 2.8, which has made some changes:
- Users can now jump into a subcategory directly from the categories filters. This means that there’s a few taps closer to bacon (or vegan) themed projects.
- Whenever users come across a Kickstarter project link on the web, it’ll open directly in the app.
- Kickstarter has upgraded their 1Password and Facebook login options to provide a seamless login experience.
- A few other minor improvements and bug fixes.