RedSqurriel, which was founded in 2010 by Greg Blesson and Jason Duncan-Anderson, is “comprised” of a modern brewery in the Hertfordshire countryside, a chain of 3 craft beer shops under “The Brewery Shop” and has a distribution network that covers both UK and international trade. The company shared:
“We are looking for investors to share in the development of the Red Squirrel Group. We have two key ranges of craft beer, brewed by our team of passionate brewers. The two key ranges include the Red Squirrel Range, where tradition meets modernity, and Mad Squirrel, which we consider to be purely contemporary and innovative. Our beers are currently distributed within our chain of craft beer outlets under the The Brewery Shop brand and within both the UK domestic market and export scene. We currently have three stores aimed to combine the welcoming and pleasant aspects of an old fashioned boozer with the aesthetic and service of a high-end drinks retail business.
“There are plans in place to upscale the “The Brewery Shop” model to ten outlets in provincial and mainstream towns within Southern England, together with expanding our modern craft brewery, based in Hertfordshire, from 5000HL (50,000litre capacity) to 15,000 HL (150,000 litre capacity).”
To date, Red Squirrel Brewing Co.’s beers have received the various awards:
- Black Squirrel (Berlin Style) Black Lager: SIBA 2015 Bronze Medal
- Mad Squirrel Czech Pilsner: 2015 SIBA Gold Medal
- Mad Squirrel Milk Stout: 2015 SIBA Gold Medal
- Red Dawn Mild: Bronze Medal National Cask Beer Competition 2015
- Black Squirrel (Berlin Style) Black Lager: Bronze Medal Overall Champion – Southern England Competition 2014
- Black Squirrel (Berlin Style): Black Lager 2014 Gold Medal
- Mad Squirrel Czech Pilsner: 2014 Gold Medal
- Legally Blonde Hefeweizen: 2014 Bronze Medal
- Mad Squirrel APA: Runner-up Champion Beer of Herts 2015
- Redwood IPA comes 31st in the Britain’s 100 hottest beer competition; Mad Squirrel Milk Stout comes 91st.
Other achievements include:
- Rate Beer: Released Jan 2015 – Red Squirrel voted the best brewery in Hertfordshire
- The launch of “The Brewery Shop” brand, expanding from one initial outlet to three successfully trading outlets
- The company has for the last 2 years been sole craft beer supplier to Buryfields Music & Comedy festival, an annual event
- Chesham Brewery Shop was listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2016
- Chesham Brewery Shop was nominated for ‘Best Newcomer’ in the Bucks & Berks Food & Drink awards
- Red Squirrel believes it has recruited and trained a team of passionate, energetic staff to work in its businesses. All its staff are dedicated to its core values of knowledge, passion, quality and inclusiveness.
Funds from the campaign will be used for the following:
- Expansion of brewery with increased capacity and site infrastructure inclusive of capex investment.
- Opening of additional Brewery Shop outlets.
Since its launch, Red Squirrel’s Crowdcube initiative has secured over £130,000. It is set to close at the end of February.
Have a crowdfunding offering you'd like to share? Submit an offering for consideration using our Submit a Tip form and we may share it on our site!